Sunday, February 19, 2012

English play

It's once again english time and we've got something new in store. We've moved on to another topic that was our centre of attention for nearly the entire week. It was our English plays. On our first reading we were given random characters. I was given the role of Benezio, who was a "sexually confused" man. I must admit that I was slightly uncomfortable playing such a character. Although, this gave me a lot of insight on what being homosexual meant at the time. As if treament of those people wasn't bad enough today. Anyways, I nevertheless did NOT botch it, despite the challenge to play a contrasting personality of mine.

What happened second thing, was that we were given more suitable roles. Well, I say suitable because anything other than a gay man works. I was given the role of the count. The man who was instrumental in the plan of the prince to take his father, the king's, throne. We had another round to read off the lines in this character and I must say that the count really is a mysterious figure in this story and he is completely absent during the ending. Well, I am glad that I play him and not Benezio, but since i'm temporarily cast as a villain, then I would like to try being the prince. Why? All great villains have deaths. The prince is given such an honor while the count finds away into the darkness a the end. Nevertheless, it was a very busy, week, and a lot of time did fly during all these activities.

No comments:

Post a Comment