Friday, April 13, 2012

Incoming prom

I should probably start by telling what my thoughts are for the upcoming prom for grades 9 on wards. To start, this is the very first prom that i would have ever experienced in my entire life, so I would want to see what it's like. According to some people, prom sucks. They have really bad experiences such as break-ups, loneliness, etc. According to others, it will be remembered as something good because they've had the best night of their lives.

Now let's go to what I see in the movies. I know what they show is highly stereotypical. The nerds go in one direction and they most likely will not have a date. Then they complain bitterly about how it isn't fair that the big muscular guy gets the girl. One eventually musters the courage to ask a girl, then get publicly humiliated by being harshly turned down.

Then the jocks come and they're the superstars of the entire event. The girls want them, guys want to be them, and they walk ever so slowly with an aura that only movies form the 1980's can bring us. Let's not forget the ever popular bully. They're basically the ones dumping nerds in the toilet. This may include but is not limited to the jocks, but they usually are too full of themselves to even notice the nerds.

Now, all these sources, second hand and from movies, give my various ideas on what I might have to expect on April 19. I cannot say for sure how it will pan out. There is only one thing I can conclude based on the movies and other people. It will definitely be a night that I will never forget.

(PS. my next entry about the prom will be after it happens so stay alert)

No comments:

Post a Comment