Wednesday, April 11, 2012

What happened this week.

This comes as a surprise to me. This week was actually not that hard. I mean we had a quiz in math and a seating arrangement change in English which up to now, kinda messes up my fetish for routines. I hope Ms. Mae then, can sympathize with my OCD'sh feeling ( if ya know what I mean).

However, despite that, I still learned something. I learned that assent means to give aprroval to. You know sometimes when we speak english so much, we tend  to forget that there are actually words that we do not know. I even had to ask help from Ms. Mae as I was stuck in trying to piece together the context clues.

Though I do not remember what the context was exactly, I remember that it had something to do with the King of England refusing to give his consent for his governors to pass laws that will improve the lives of the public.
America, as Ms Mae, mentioned, created a literary masterpiece. This was due to the logic that was involved in the Declaration of Independence.

Here is what I think about it. Personally, I thought it was great political strategy on the part of America. The fact that they mentioned the "candid world" line earned my respect for this piece. They were very careful not to mention any specific country as the opressor or the victim. With that already mentioned, they could say that they are only claiming what is their natural rights, and eventually became an incredibly major factor in winning their Independence from Great Britain.

One of my other personal thoughts is that it makes perfect sense for us to be advocating a list of things we want in school. Some in my opinion are just nonsensical. Others, like the one my group made :) should definitely be considered in a very serious manner.

2 comments:

  1. Inaro, you really do have a penchant for writing. I think you should harness this talent. I love your logic and use of words. Excellent blog post! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why do not comment on my wrestling blogs.... If I do Lord of the Rings then will you comment?

      Delete